When it comes time to celebrate your spouse or family member’s promotion at work, one great place to look for gift ideas is fine designer jewellery. There are many unique and meaningful ways to express your pride and joy at their achievement, and they can keep the piece of jewellery with them while on the job to remind them of your support and love.
Engrave the Jewellery
Go right out and say what you’re feeling about this achievement on the inside of a ring, necklace, watch, bracelet, or other piece of custom designer jewellery. Other ideas include listing their new job title or commemorating the date of their first day on the job. You can also find an inspirational quote from someone they admire greatly in their field or something to keep them motivated during the tougher days.
Find the Right Gemstone
A diamond is always a classic choice for any piece of special occasion jewellery, but you can also select a specific gemstone or multiple gemstones that have a meaning you wish to share with your significant other.
Here is a list of gemstones and the special properties or meanings they are known for that may be appropriate for a work promotion:
- Creativity - Ametrine, Amber, Garnet, Labradorite, Tourmaline
- Goal Setting – Labradorite, Lepidolite, Watermelon Tourmaline
- Industriousness - Rhodochrosite
- Improving Mental and Physical Energy - Agate
- Improving Self-Confidence – Calcite, Citrine, Fluorite, Garnet, Imperial Topaz, Sunstone
- Increasing Motivation – Amber, Chrysoprase
- Logical Thinking – Agate, Chrysoprase, Citrine, Kunzite, Lepidolite, Black Tourmaline
- Celebrating New Beginnings – Garnet, Moss Agate
- Order - Aquamarine, Fluorite, Sodalite
- Readiness For Action – Amethyst, Ametrine, Chrysoprase, Fire Opal, Rhodonite, Turquoise
- Reducing Stress - Amethyst
- Solving Difficulties – Carnelian, Garnet, Moss Agate, Smokey Quartz, Tiger Eye
- Wishing Good Luck - Agate, Amber, Ametrine, Aventurine, Chrysoprase, Garnet, Malachite, Moonstone, Sunstone, Turquoise
Be Practical in Your Jewellery Selection
If this piece of jewellery is meant to celebrate their accomplishment at work, consider finding a piece that they can actually use at work! In some positions, certain types of jewellery may even be prohibited for safety reasons or because they are not an acceptable part of the dress code. And even if they aren’t, some people find certain types of jewellery more difficult to wear on the job.
For example, if your loved one spends much of their day on the computer, he or she may find a bracelet to be cumbersome while typing, but a necklace would pose no problem. In some positions, however, particularly those where production equipment is being used, any kind of dangling jewellery can be a danger, so a ring might be a better option. If he or she can’t wear jewellery at all in the new position, another great idea that most people can make use of in their jobs is a congratulatory pen. A fine-quality writing instrument made of silver or gold can be engraved with a loving and meaningful message.
If you’re not sure what type of jewellery your spouse can or wants to wear at work, pay attention to what they choose to wear on a daily basis as they head out to the office. Does she put on a pair of earrings every day? Does he wear a necklace? What jewellery your spouse chooses to wear during the work week may be very different than what they use for a night on the town.